If you are 72 or older, an IRA Charitable Rollover may be the perfect means for you to support the university!
What is an IRA Charitable Rollover?
An IRA Charitable Rollover allows you to give up to $100,000 each year to a qualifying charity (such as Marywood) without having to pay income taxes on the money.
What are the benefits of an IRA Charitable Rollover
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income (even if you do not itemize deductions)
- Make a gift not subject to the 50% deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Allow your gift to be put to use today by Marywood
- Make a gift without having to pay income taxes on the money
How does it work?
Simply contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to Marywood. Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to Marywood via check or wire transfer.