The Fricchione Early Learning Center
Assistant Group Supervisor (I) (#680)
Days per Week: Monday through Friday
Hours per Week: 37.5
Weeks per Year: 52
Summary of Duties
The Fricchione Early Learning Center at Marywood University is seeking an energetic and professional candidate to join our team! The Fricchione Early Learning Center is a STAR IV, NAEYC accredited early learning program. This is a full time/year round position.
The teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns. This position reports to the center director.
Associate’s Degree in ECE including a minimum of 30 hours of ECE credit; Bachelor’s Degree in ECE, Elem. Ed. preferred
Work Experience Requirements
Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.
- High energy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- Ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Maintain 24 hours of professional development within 1 year of hire.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children in accordance to the Center’s COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels, sit, kneel, bend, squat, crawl, lift up to 50 lbs.
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Assistant Group Supervisor (I) online