Student Service Specialist (#422)
35 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. 8:30am - 4:30pm. Employee may be required to work occasional weekend and/or evening hours to accommodate student recruitment events such as open house and orientation. Some occasional weekend and/or evening hours may be required during peak processing times.
Summary of Duties
The Student Service Specialist will report to the Director of Financial Aid and will be responsible for assisting in the administration of institutional, state, and federal financial aid programs, and specifically the Federal Work-Study program. In addition, this position is responsible for front desk operations, which includes overseeing the office work-study students, and managing the daily processing and communications flow to incoming and current students.
High school diploma required. College degree and/or Financial Aid Office experience is preferred. Positive attitude with good organizational and interpersonal skills. Self-starter with the ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks. Ability to communicate with a diverse student population with a sensitivity towards issues of ethnicity, disability, and diversity. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Provide quality and high-impact customer service to all visitors, including students, parents, faculty, staff, and the general public. Field inquiries and assist prospective and current financial aid applicants.
- Responsible for working closely and collaboratively with internal and external constituencies in the collection and initial processing of prospective and current students' financial aid applications.
- Provide assistance with the federal verification process and follow up with students in the collection of documents as requested.
- Assist with managing the Federal Work Study program.
- Assist with managing the Marywood Personnel Tuition Benefit program.
- Respond to incoming Financial Aid mailbox inquiries on a daily basis.
- Provide assistance with the Direct Loan and alternative loan programs, institutional scholarship and grant programs, and outside scholarship and grant programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Student Service Specialist online